Wednesday 6 January 2010

Check out my sexy gravid Corn

It January now and it's been almost 5 months since I started my corn breeding project. My corns had been in and out of hibernation, mating and now I guess it is time for the corns to lay eggs soon. I noticed 3 corn are gravid now:- my Anery Corn, my Snow Corn and DannySia Amel Stripe. I'm Super excited about it. The 2 other corns:- my Amel Stiped Corn (that I'm not quite sure coz she still eats after shedding, which is not what a normal gravid female corn would do, as they wont eat after shedding until she lay eggs) and the Reversed Okeetee ( who still doesnt want to mate yet)


Snow Corn
Anery/Black Corn
My Amel Stripe
Danny Sia Amel Stripe

Obviously after going through a long process of hibernation, mating n now up to stage of being gravid and soon laying eggs, what i dont want to see is losing all or even some of the eggs during incubation. Therefore, i have been preparing for the incubation period by gathering all the necessary equipment and materials. I had bought some vermiculite for the incubation of my soon-to-be-coming eggs. I personally think vermiculite is the best substrate to be used for incubation. I had also prepared some perlite for trial this time as i heard it gives a cleaner and much dryer surface.

1 comment:

  1. I dont understand what u type..I speak chinese but I cant read..sorry

    ReplyDelete