Friday 25 September 2009

Beardie Brumation

You want to know why i bath my bearded dragon, Both my breeding pair are entering brumation period, Brumation is semi- hibernation state which a reptile sleeps the majority of time, and eat very little, Most dragon don't start brumating until they are at least one year old. I heard of someone successful breed their dragon without brumating, but I wont risk it, Brumating in my opinion will have higher chances of Beardie eggs more fertile.

The intestines must be empty
Warm water for bath
Red and Gold beardie & SunBurst beardie
Red is female & Yellow are male
The remaining matter excreted after warm bath


Will continue bathing them for a week, I know too many bath you might say, but it serve two purpose, to hydrate and to induce bowel movement, for sure I don't want too brumate my bearded when food rotting inside her belly.
No going to disturb them for approximately 4 weeks, but I will make sure paying attention when they awaken and done with the cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment