Thursday 3 June 2010

Update on one of my holdback corn hatchling

One of my holdback hatchling born this year on the 17th March, The Snow Motley. She about almost three months now. In two months she gain more than 20+gram which I think such a good increase with shed more than four time. She no really, I say an aggressive feeder. Feed her twice a week and recently increase her feeding with fuzzie mice due to her increase size now as with pinkies> I think it will take 4 up to 5 for her to be full.


Snow Motley
Snow Motley Belly
It my pinky finger size now
My future breeding female
27gram in two months +

As I mention number of time. Research the reptiles care sheet when purchasing an reptiles. A baby Corn snakes growing rate determine by it feeding. I have number of my babies corn snakes that have feeding problem after they are with new owner.
Give appropriate sizes pinkies for your baby corn snakes to feed. Obviously not larger pinkies for them as babies. Appropriate size pinkies for your corn babies to feed. If they do not want to eat, few reason must be aware. food size to big, food to cold, shedding mode, try live or thawed, temperature to cold, changes to new enclosure or stomach still full. Babies corn snakes some born shy, some are afraid to eat larger meal, some still wont dare to constrict meal, some are shy and do not want to eat while the whole families looking at them feeding. This you yourself must observe their feeding behavior. Be patients. Do not stress out when she off feed. I will only try force feed for my last option. Force feed can really stress your babies corn if you do not know how to force it properly or worst death. Don't try force feed just because she wont eat for 2 wks then panic and force feed. wait for a month or so, still not feeding then try lizards, As corn snakes cant resist the smell of lizards and will eat them, But some corn snakes once eat a lizards and will be difficult to change back to mice and some just not picky n eat both.
So my advice do not feed yours babies corn Lizard when she feed of pinkies mice regularly just because u are out of pinkies.
I have been breeding Corn snakes for two years, I never lost any babies corn while in my care. I make sure I release them feeding and healthy and hold the babies back If I know the babies are difficult feeder. What beyond new owner is out of my control. Don't blame me if the babies stop feeding. I believe I do explain to new owner their feeding behavior. DO YOUR RESEARCHED INDEPENDENTLY. They are word call GOOGLE and YAHOO. IF masih belum mahu paham.. Liat Baywatch saja kau.

No comments:

Post a Comment