Wednesday 5 January 2011

I think She is Gravid

So what do you think? Is she gravid? Well I think she is gravid. I'm not 100% sure she is gravid really as I never had any eggs before with breeding Milksnakes. This snakes I had try breeding her last season and it was unsuccessful. This season I breed her again and after few successful mating, she had all the sign of being gravid and not like last season without any indication that she being gravid.
Firstly, why I think she is gravid is as she be gaining weight and getting heavier. Secondly, She refused to eat which is a good sign when a snake being gravid. Lastly, her stomach seem like she been eating eventhou she had been refusing meal for the last two weeks.


Apricot Pueblan Milk snake


What you think? Gravid?

This 0.1 Pueblan Milks snake on deep shed at the moment. I will check if she eat after she done shedding in this few days. I'm hoping that she will still refuse, as that will indicated clearly that she really are gravid and going to lays her eggs soon after. I read an article before that a milksnakes as being colubrids species usually will lay eggs between 7 to 14 days after shedding.
I'm quite excited in this as if this Milksnakes do lays her eggs, It will be my 1st ever successful milksnakes breeding. The male that I had pair with her is with my orange Pueblan Milksnakes. So it will be more exciting to see what will the babies look like. I will update in my blog regarding this snakes in this coming 2 weeks to see if it was a successful pairing.
My other milksnakes that I will try to breed is the Tangerine Hondoran Milksnakes. Will try and pair her with another Male Tangerine Honduran in this few days as I'm still waiting for the male to finish shedding. That also another breeding project that I also seriously will look into this year. In the mean enjoy looking at the pictures and wait for my update on this result.

No comments:

Post a Comment