Friday 30 April 2010

Amelanistic Corn Snakes

Amelanistic also known as Red Albino or simply "Albino". Amel Corn snakes completely lacks of dark pigment melanin due to simple recessive mutation. Amel Corn snakes generally combination of orange, red or white with red eyes. This was was the 1st known mutation in Corns snakes

Red Eyes
Red and orange saddle
Red and orange Color
Lack of dark pigment
Amel Head pattern

This female Amel Corn snakes is also one of my hold back from my breeding last season. She is also Amel het for Motley. A slow eater. Reaching almost to 100gram in a year. Still I think that is still ideal weight for her. The plan was to use her in late 2011, to replace and rest some of my corn adult breeder. Future pair I have in mind for her is to breed with her original dad to create An Amel Motley Morph.


No comments:

Post a Comment