Thursday 3 December 2009

Corn Breeding Project 09/10 -Corn Love

Dammit!! Finally my corn snake mated. After month out of hibernation, I kind of almost giving hope that corn snake mating will happen this season. My original plan was to breed my female Anery/Black corn with my Amel(Albino) male, with that hopefully I could get some double morph. That is "Snow Corn" But that not the case right now. Amel male do not show sign of wanted to mate. He is not horny at the moment. So I use my proven breeder Anery motley( I use him last year to breed with the same snake), He sure didn't disappoint me, I should have use him earlier, Didn't take long for him to start courting, he 1st try to mate with edshal female Reverse Okeetee, yet again Reverse Okeetee still reject to mate and he give up and try his luck with Anery/Black corn.


This what happen

Voyeur Reverse Okeetee

Locking

Another lock pics

Evidence (sperm splash)

You can see I house 3 corn in my vivarium. One male(Anery Motley) and two female (Reverse okeete and Anery/Black corn). Hopefully after watching female Anery/Black corn mated by that hopefully Reverse okeetee will join the threesome. I believe from that pairing I will probably get Anery/Black corn baby again like last season, I will try still to mate my female Anery/Black corn with my Amel/Albino, even though few forums and article recommend not to use 2nd male to mate as if difficult to identify the baby, I don't really care if I couldn't identify the gene of the baby later as long I get eggs from that. Now I be expecting Ball python eggs, Milksnakes eggs and Finally Corn Snakes eggs. Yes!! this thing finally going to happen


No comments:

Post a Comment